Teaching Assistant - £16,508
Our clients are a School based in Stansted Abbots who provide education for 162 children with severe and complex learning difficulties. They have a new opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to work with students aged from 2-19.
The Teaching Assistant role will involve:
- Attend to pupils personal needs, including social health, hygiene, first-aid and welfare matters
- Provide clerical/administrative support to the assigned teacher eg photocopying, typing, filing and record keeping
- Assist with the planning and delivery of individual education plans (or other pupil-specific plans)
- Monitor and evaluate pupils’ progress and maintain pupil records
- Use specialist knowledge or experience to support pupils’ learning
- Liaise with parents, carers and professional staff (such as educational psychologists) in order to promote the learning objectives of each pupil
- Use initiative to develop and implement actions that will promote the integration of the pupil with his/hers peers
The right Teaching Assistant candidate will have
- Experience of working with or caring for children of the relevant age
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Basic knowledge of first aid
- Ability to work in a team
This role is working Monday-Friday 8.45-3.45 with also either a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday supporting a club until 5.15pm. 34 hours per week, Term time only
You will also be required to go swimming with the children at least once a week. Due to the nature of the role you will be required to get involved with all aspects of personal car including changing pads etc. The pupils have severe learning difficulties and physical disabilities.
If you are interested in this Teaching Assistant opportunity please apply now!