Service & Maintenance Technician - circa£22,500-£25,000
Our clients who support elderly and vulnerable adults are looking for four Service and Maintenance Technicians to service, maintain and repair a wide range of daily living aids and medical equipment both in client homes and in the in-house technician’s workshop.
To work both in the field and in-house providing service, maintenance, repair, LOLER and PAT testing of all service user equipment that has been identified as having a need for this to be carried out. Installing sensory service equipment for service users of the sensory service team.
To carry out emergency repairs to electro-mechanical equipment with preference given to high specification pressure relieving mattresses or equipment that would necessitate a hospital admission if it was not repaired immediately.
Undertake administrative duties including ensuring all services are signed for by the client, schedules off on the handheld devices and the devices are synched at the end of the working day.
Maintain contact with staff at the office base and with referrers; reporting failed services or issues with equipment so that alternative arrangements can be made for the service users continues use of equipment.
The right candidate will have:
- Proven mechanical repair background
- Extensive experience of health and social equipment including sensory
- Have an understanding of health and safety legislation including MHRA and LOLER requirements.
- Good customer service skills, preferably with experience of dealing with old and vulnerable members of the public
- Empathetic and understanding of needs of older service users
- Be able to effectively communicate with Occupational Therapists and other Health Care professionals
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Full Driving license
- Double/Triple vaccination against Covid-19
- DBS Check
- This service is over 7 days and we require the postholder to be flexible and work to a duty rota which includes working evenings and weekends
In addition to the annual salary there is a payment for being on out of hours/on call from 6pm to 10pm Monday to Sunday and also a payment if you get called out.