Production Supervisor - £26,000-£28,000
Production SUPERVISOR £26,000-£28,000
Our clients based in Hertford are looking for a Production Supervisor to join their team reporting into the Production Manager. The hours of work are normally 8am-4.30pm with an earlier finish on a Friday.
- Description of the role:
- The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that orders are produced on time, in full and to the specified quality standards to satisfy the agreed production plan.
- All packers and machine operators report into this role
- They have an active “hands-on” role within the production team whilst taking direct responsibility for the daily organisation of their workforce and being the main point of contact for both the packing team and site management
- They require a detailed and up to the minute knowledge of the current status of the activities in their area so that rapid decisions and responses can be made when circumstances change.
- They will ensure that a clean and well organised environment is maintained at all times
- They will develop staff to ensure personnel are sufficiently trained and all key areas of the operation are properly covered for maintaining continuous production flow.
Personal Characteristics as a Production Supervisor:
- Well motivated self-starter who has the drive and determination to meet targets or requested delivery dates
- Good communicator with ability to communicate ideas in a clear and simple manner in a way that involves and motivates members of the team.
- Proven ability to build and maintain good working relations with work colleagues and site management.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Ability to understand both written and verbal work instructions quickly
- Ability to read and understand and interpret information such as specifications, production plans and other company documents.
- Ability to analyse day-to-day production problems and identify appropriate solutions.
- A team player but with the strength of character to take firm action where necessary in order to keep the production plan on track
- Willingness to influence and to adapt to change when the business requires it
- High standards of integrity (honesty & morality), as well as reliability in terms of attendance and timekeeping and fully compliant with company procedures
If you are interested in this Production Supervisor opportunity please apply now.