NDT Operator - £28,000 DOE
Our clients are specialists in the Aerospace sector. The expertise gained in this sector has enabled them to transfer their skills to the satellite, defence, motor sport and medical industries where they can offer specialist treatment solutions for complex and intricate engineering requirements.
Due to continued growth, they have an exciting new opportunity for an NDT Operator.
As NDT Operator you will be working within the NDT team reporting directly to the Quality Manager. You will predominantly be responsible for
- Carrying out Penetrant Flaw Detect (PFD) testing of customer products.
- Carrying out Magnetic Flaw Detect (MFD) testing of customer products.
- Carrying out Hardness Testing of customer products.
- Carrying out Etch Inspection of customer products
NDT Operator Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to read and use a variety of handheld measuring equipment.
- To be able to work to and understand Quality Specifications
- Working knowledge of FMEA principles.
- Effective Time Management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Chemistry, Engineering or Applied Sciences qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Special Processes.
- A basic understanding of Anodising, Electroplating, Electroless coatings, Conversion Coatings, Primers and Paints. This will also be taught.
- An understanding of NADCAP and ISO9001.
- An understanding of Non-Destructive Testing would be desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in joining this innovative business at a period of growth as an NDT Operator, please apply now!