Material Inspector - £24,000
My client is a market leading distributor of products to manufacturing clients within the Defence, Automotive, Medical and Construction industries. Based in Stevenage, they have been established for 30 years and now employ over 180 staff worldwide and have a turnover of £80million.
Due to a massive increase in business, they now require a further 6 members of staff to work within their Material/Quality Inspection Team.
This role is based in a clean and bright warehouse environment, where you will be working in a close-knit team.
Once products have been ordered from suppliers around the world, they will then arrive in the Goods In department, and it is at this point, the role of the Material Inspector begins.
- Booking in new deliveries
- Carrying out random quality checks of products received
- The products need to be inspected following Standard Operating Procedures
- You are checking that the products are not counterfeit or faulty
- Report any problems or concerns to the Team Leaders
- Re-packing of products once inspected, ready for despatch
- Ensure safe working practice for self and others
The Ideal Person:
- Ability to work to set guidelines
- A great attention to detail
- Happy to work in a repetitive way
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills with the ability to work within a team
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7.30 to 4pm
Free parking on site
22 days holiday (including Christmas/New Year shutdown)