IT Systems Administrator - £25,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Our clients are based in Hertford they are looking for an all-round IT System Administrator to join their team, someone with a good broad knowledge of IT/systems who can hit the ground running, not only by managing our network and security needs, pc’s, laptops, tablets, mobiles and body worn cameras, but who can also work with databases, write queries/scripts and has a flair for MI reporting.
The best fit candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Background knowledge in system/network administration
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN), and programming/scripting (Python, MySQL, AutoHotkey)
- Comfort and experience working in various operating system environments, including Windows 7 & 10, Darwin/macOS, Ubuntu Linux, and iOS
- Software engineering skills, including experience with version control/source code management Git
- Good knowledge of navigating the file system of Windows, Linux, and Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience maintaining, installing, and configuring essential IT operations, such as servers, desktops, software, hardware, security tools
- Good knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- Good broad knowledge of Software including Exchange Online, Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- General IT skills with a good understanding of IT and systems
- MI skills including Power BI
- Experience using APIs an advantage
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
The role is based in their modern offices in Hertford, Herts, working with a friendly team in a young and vibrant family run business. We will consider hybrid working for the right candidate!
Sound like you?